The ASEAN Tourism Forum (ATF) is a cooperative regional effort to promote the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) as one tourist destination. This annual event involves all the tourism industry sectors of the 10 member states of ASEAN: Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Viet Nam.
Each year, the hosting of ATF is rotated among the member countries. ATF was established in 1981. 2019 marks the 38th anniversary of the event.
ATF also provides a platform for the selling and buying of regional and individual tourism products of ASEAN member countries, through the 3-day TRAVEX event.
The unique and specialised ATF TRAVEX makes it easy and convenient for suppliers of ASEAN tourism products and services and international buyers to conduct business and meet quality participants through pre-scheduled business appointments that take place on-site. Both parties can maximise their participation through flexible one-to-one pre-scheduled meetings to explore, negotiate and ink deals with each other.
OFFICIAL MEETINGS | 14 to 18 January 2019
- ASEAN National Tourism Organisation (NTO) Meetings: Formal meetings between officials of ASEAN NTOs, led by their respective Executive Heads, and representatives from China, Japan, Republic of Korea, India and Russia.
- ASEAN Tourism Ministers Meetings: This includes the attendance of ASEAN ministers, as well as their counterparts from China, Japan, Republic of Korea and India.
- Association Meetings: Involving ASEAN Tourism Association (ASEANTA), Federation of ASEAN Travel Association (FATA), ASEAN Airlines Association (AAA), and ASEAN Hotel & Restaurant Association (AHRA)
TRAVEX (3-Days) | 16 to 18 January 2019
- Exhibition and Business Appointments: Facilitates the selling and buying of regional and individual tourism products of ASEAN member states.
- ASEAN Tourism Conference: Spotlights poignant issues as discussed and explained by regional experts and industry leaders.
- Networking: Extends conversations into informal settings with opportunities to engage industry peers and function hosts.
- Pre- and Post-Event Activities: Ranges from Friendly Golf Games to Tours, perfect for getting to know Viet Nam better.
ASEAN: THE POWER OF ONE
ASEAN is a melting pot of diversity – a singular economic and tourism region with 10 member states that could not be more different from one another. Language, culture, heritage, natural endowments and people, that are inherently different, yet bonded by common cross-roads, passages of history and more importantly, a desire for tourism success.
ATF at its core recognises that ASEAN is stronger and more compelling as one collective destination. The region offers countless exciting experiences in a seamless journey of different identities, an important proposition that has kept ASEAN’s appeal strong throughout the world.
For the 38th consecutive year in 2019, government officials will renew annual efforts to channel greater domestic and international tourism dollars into the region, while the travel industry engages in business at TRAVEX – the world’s largest ASEAN destination, product and service showcase.
Together, ASEAN captivates and welcomes every spectrum of today’s traveller. From adventure seekers, backpackers, businessmen and family, to photography enthusiasts, those seeking sun, sand and sea, trekkers and more. Together, ASEAN’s steadfast co-operation and one tourism vision, embodies the Power of One.
QUANG NINH EXHIBITION OF PLANNING AND EXPO CENTER (QNEPEC)
Tran Quoc Nghien Street, Hong Hai Ward, Ha Long City
TRAVEX Exhibition, Business Meetings, ASEAN Tourism Conference
- 21,000sqm of floor space
- 2 separate but interconnected buildings
- The first building, resembling a species of pearl-making shelled mollusk found abundantly in local waters, was purposed to showcase regional planning models, and host events, exhibitions and expos.
- The second building, dolphin-shaped, is reserved for the exhibition of public projects and signature architectural and religions structures in the province.
- Slated venue for significant cultural and social activities, and to highlight Quang Ninh’s economic achievements.
- Equipped with high-end state-of-the art digital screens and projection technology.
- Surrounded by public spaces including the October 30 Square, a museum, a library, a children’s playground, and Lan Be Park, forming a coherent network between tourist sites.